Climate Positive Guarantee
We see the “carbon challenge” as a catalyst for change within the IT sector. We believe being a carbon neutral company is not enough. At the heart of our business model we also include a commitment to achieving carbon positivity.
We strive to go further, much further and lead our industry to take bigger and bolder steps to protect the future of our planet and sustainability of our business. When you purchase a new firewall from us, from any of our vendors, we guarantee to compensate for the carbon footprint of the appliance for the entirety of its useful life.
So, how do we do it?
We’ve started with the more obvious ways:
- Complying with all current energy legislation
- Minimising waste where possible
- Promoting recycling to reduce landfill and methane generation and environmental awareness and responsibility amongst our employees, partners, distributors and manufacturers
- Sourcing goods and services from companies who have also taken up the carbon challenge and have an active policy in place
We’ve also reviewed the ways in which we work by:
- Evaluating and reducing travel by using video and remote conferencing where possible
- Using homeworking for our employees where practical
- Encouraging car sharing and shared resources
- Reducing paper consumption and printing
- Introducing a companywide energy saving policy
In addition, we are lobbying our suppliers, distributors and vendors across the globe to implement measurable carbon footprint policies and we seek to positively influence their priorities/progress in this area.
- It is not possible to reduce our usage to zero so we offset our remaining footprint (plus 50% to ensure we are positive not just neutral).
Projects we have positively contributed to:
Forest Carbon – Wester Coshieville, Scotland
The vision at Wester Coshieville is to restore and enhance an area of native woodland through the creation of a new upland oak wood. Other species will be planted both within the oak wood, to ensure that it supports a wide diversity of wildlife, and out with it, to enhance existing stands of native trees. In addition to sequestering carbon, this project will increase the overall connectivity of woodland habitats within Highland Perthshire and provide a fantastic resource for local people and tourists to enjoy. Our contribution to this project equates to almost 1,000 trees. Wester Coshieville is located in Highland Perthshire, Scotland.
It is now not possible to be unaware of the climate crisis and mass extinction that our planet faces, it is also clear that the responsibility for the crisis is collective and so should be its response. At NetThreat we believe there is now no excuse for not taking action to immediately stop adding to the problem and actually start making up for what we have done. I believe our duty goes beyond our own footprint and that businesses should be providing climate-positive employment alongside taking responsibility for the impact of their activities and products on the environment.
I am proud that NetThreat are leading the way in this most important of areas, in IT we have a lot to answer for. I would strongly encourage our partners and customers to look at what they can be doing, you will be surprised at what changes can be made and how you can turn a negative story into a positive one. We’d be happy to chat with anyone who wants to hear about our experiences.